Goddess - Josephine Angelini

Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)

tl;dr This was an ok ending to a series I started out loving. Definitely should read it to finish of the series if you read the other two. [[MORE]]

Description: Helen releases the gods from their captivity which means terrible things for not only the scions, but for the humans throughout the world as well. Helen must figure out how to defeat the gods and keep the prophecy of the Tyrant from coming true.

So. Lets see, I've read a few books since this one (shame on me for not writing up a review right away, i know -_-). I thought it was ok. I was a bit frustrated with Helen at times, and of course the cousin thing was still driving me CRAZY to say the lease. Same with the forced love triangle.

image

But it was an interesting story line as per ususal. I wish she would've give more depth to the gods, they felt fairly one dimension which was a shame. There could have been so much more to them, it could have been so much more interesting. Something about the way Angelini wrote about the gods just made them kinda boring...

image

I also don't know how I felt about the whole world building thing. And how it worked. It just seemed weird to me. Off. I dont know, I just didn't really like it. The explanation almost felt like "and then they woke up and it was all just a dream". Not really satisfying.

It wasn't a terrible story, it just felt kind of anticlimactic, like the last book of the Twilight series. And I hate when books do that.