Matched - Ally Condie

I generally like this book. Overall, I liked it.[[MORE]]

Brief Description: Main character is Cassia set in a futuristic society where literally everything is controlled by the government. What you eat and when you eat it, when you die, and who you are supposed to marry. When you turn 17 you have a ceremony where you become Matched - where the Society finds the perfect match for you and presents them to you - and Cassia is matched to her best friend Xander (who is constantly described as perfect). Being matched to someone in your own town is very rare, then Cassia learns she was matched to two people, another boy named Ky who was also from her town. What will happen?! Will shenanigans ensue?! What WILL the Society do?

Back to my review:

I didn't think the writing was spectacular. And lezbihonest. I hated the love triangle. It was ridiculous and stupid. FOR SERIOUS.

image

That is literally how I felt every time Cassia started obsessing about Ky and then going back on to how perfect Xander loves her oh so much....

Hork

For real, no. Just stahp. I've only ever once read a book that has a good love triangle, but it was done in such a natural believable way. But that was definitely not this book.

In general though, I liked the story. I hadn't read a story where the society was so all controlling as it was in this story, and in general I liked it. It wasn't spectacular. It wasn't overly emotional. But it was ok. I didn't feel like it was a waste of time, and I was curious as to what would happen... so I continued on with the series.....

image