Soul Screamers Volume One: My Soul to LoseMy Soul to TakeMy Soul to Save (Harlequin Teen) - Rachel Vincent

tl;dr I really liked these books. Not an outstanding story, but definitely amusing and entertaining. I really liked it!

Description (from Goodreads)
My Soul to Lose
—The prequel: never before in print!—
Kaylee is just your average girl shopping at the mall with friends—until a terrified scream bursts from her that cannot be stopped. Taken to a hospital ward, will she be able to save her mind—and her life?
My Soul to Take
She's always felt different, but now Kaylee discovers why. The screams that cannot be denied mean that someone near her will die—and she can never save them. Because saving one life means taking anotherÂ….
My Soul to Save
Going on dates with her boyfriend is still new to Kaylee. But when the singer of the band they're seeing dies onstage and Kaylee doesn't scream, she knows something crazy is going on. Soon she discovers souls can indeed be soldÂ….

So. Where to start.

I liked these books. The prequel - My Soul to Lose was a great intro into what happened to Kaylee. I think its an important one to read first, because there are times when she has these flashbacks to her time in the "hospital", and if you don't know what happened there you probably wouldn't understand her reactions. So that was awesome. I also liked the different take on supernatural things. I mean there are so many vampire/werewolf/zombie books, I liked that this one was about banshees. Though calling them bean sdihes is just weird for me because I don't know how to pronounce it properly and it just ends up sounding weird. Ha.

Anyways. I like the boyfriend, and I like that he knows all about this world but she doesn't. Maybe because so many books I read, the girl is already involved in the world and is the one explaining it, this setup just felt a bit refreshing. Plus the swirly color eye thing is awesome. The only thing that bugs me is Kaylee constantly thinking he's only with her for sex, because this dude has clearly shown by the end of book 2 that he is not only interested in her for sex. I mean at that age, I totally get where that comes from and probably would have been similar, but after all the stuff they go through it shouldn't even be a factor anymore.

But yeah. Kaylee is pretty cool, her best friend is awesome, and her boyfriend is pretty awesome as well. I really liked them and if you want something entertaining and easy to read, go this route. I approve!